Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Wackness

On a rainy and windy day like today [typhoon approaching, and all] I decided to just stay at home and watch dvd's and eat grilled cheese sandwiches. I downloaded 'The Wackness' the other day out of pure curiosity and was just inspired by its honesty. The story is about a fresh high school graduate who sells grass on the streets of NYC who has his first real encounter with love and who makes an unlikely close friend in the process. Ben Kingsley as a neurotic shrink and unhappily married man just stunned me with his performance, who knew he could play someone who - for the lack of better words - is just so wack in his old age? Brilliant.

Oh and Mary Kate makes a little cameo as a mushroom-taking-hippie. She still looks like herself I reckon.

Highly recommend you watch it when you need to laugh.


0 comments:

Post a Comment