Monday, September 21, 2009

Naked As We Came


I ♥ NY tee & DIY garter body harness

Best. Haircut. Ever.

  • You'd think shaving a third of your head might trigger the flow of tears.. So not true. Jaime did an amazing job with the zigzags, its unbelievable. And as I anticipate the "What did you do?!" emails from my relatives on facebook, I revel in the fact that by chopping off a few strands I seem to have gained an almost electric kind of surge of creativity. Not to mention my giggles as I rode my bike on the main road to the many ooohs and aahhhhs of the bystanders, but all I could think about was how breezy my left side felt, and how deprived my right side must be feeling..
  • It seems that with each garment I make, I lose a bit of the Me-who-likes-to-dress-up-to-go-out. If I could do some hocus pocus and transform all my girly dresses into tank tops and cut offs in the most basic shades, I would be a happy camper. I just seem to have lost all my drive in making myself presentable. Luckily thats what I have my man-friend for, who promptly reminded me that: "..thats exactly why the most brilliant designers always step out in basics." Bless his heart.
  • I am putting together a series of shirred beach dresses to put into the shop here on the island. I will also make them available to my local readers [I would ship internationally too, but it costs and arm and a leg and a toe to do so] but instead of putting up a store I will just do it via blog or maybe Ebay. Turns out time management is not exactly one of my strengths...
PS: Nothing is more entertaining than scratching your shaved head. Seriously.

What's the most drastic thing you have done with your hair?

♥♥♥

dane x

0 comments:

Post a Comment