Blouse - vintage, Headband made of vintage silk - Anthropologie, Jeans - old Seven For All Mankind, Sydney Heels - Kelsi Dagger
Basic button-front blouses are an essential for me, and I find myself wearing them with anything. I chose this one in a light beige hue because it complements the color of my Kelsi Dagger heels rather than distracting from them. I feel naked without a pop of color here and there, so I instantly pulled on my favorite pair of blue distressed skinny jeans, my vintage silk bow front headband, and my reddest lipstick. The overall look is retro with a modern touch. I kind of feel like Rosie the Riveter (the cultural icon representing women who worked in the factories during WWII) with my headband and rolled up sleeves, which is actually really of cool. And thanks to my Sydney heels, I feel tall, strong, and like I can reach for the stars just like Rosie did. This is how any woman should feel with her heels on. Even though my Sydney heels just scream summer with their bronze metal hue and all over straps, I can see them transitioning flawlessly into the fall season with a pair of ankle socks or tights. Metal is one of fall's biggest color trends, so this pair would fit right in with the upcoming season's presentation of autumn leaves. You can be sure to see me around in these many more times to come, I promise.
0 comments:
Post a Comment