Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Weekend


Dress - Urban Outfitters (sample sale), Crochet Vest - Meghan LA, Bag - Rebecca Minkoff, Shoes - 80%20

The Fourth of July weekend has officially past. While the majority of Philly locals headed off to the the beaches of New Jersey or any other cool bodies of water, I decided to stay put to see how they celebrate our country's independence here. The city was pretty much a humid ghost town, but everyone who hung around stayed close to the water where there was music, ice cream, food, fireworks, and more food. Another plus was that I finally got the chance to actually sleep in this weekend. Major score. Christina from Profresh Style spent the weekend with me and we had a good old time looking around some of my favorite parts of the city, attending all local 4th of July events, and bonding over blogging and other real life things. She just moved to NYC a few weeks ago and this was her first time in Philly. The heat kind of wore us both down, but we survived, and at least we can say we spend the holiday weekend in the place where it all started, which is pretty cool indeed.

Here I am wearing a dress I picked up at the URBN sample sale last Thursday. $50 for whatever you can fit into a gigantic sample sale bag. I came out with over 40 awesome Urban Outfitters/Free People/Anthropologie pieces that I can't wait to wear, plus a whole new bed set! Gosh, I love working for this company. They treat us employees so well! haha. Finished off my look with a bright red leather bag (my new love), the most comfortable wedges ever, and a hippie-esque crochet vest. I didn't mean to, but I ended up putting together a totally patriotic look. Here's to being independent.

Oh, and finally found THE BEST Philly Cheese Steak so far at Reading Terminal. Perfectly juicy and yuuuuuuuuuuuuum. Still going to search for an even better one, though I think it will be hard to top this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment