Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Here's my loot!





Here is most of what was purchased in Singaporeland. I had a budget of about 1000 Sing dollars, for food, transpo etc. and shopping. And I did my best to fit in as much neon and black and white as possible, and Im sure its pretty obvious in above photos.

I stopped by forever 21, bugis village, cotton on, fourskin and billabong, which were my favorites and then far east plaza, sim lim plaza, vivo city, heeren and isetan [did i forget something?] and my fat island feet were aching from wearing shoes and so i decided to switch to my 2$ supermarket thongs which made me very happy and so i could get back to my marathon with less blisters.

Im a very picky shopper, someone on this trip asked me how come I take like 65432 things with me to the fitting rooms and end up taking home only a fraction of the stuff. Well I am too old and independent to play with my parents credit cards and too young to be able to overcharge my own plastic. Therefore, I make sure that when I buy something, Its true love. And I must say because of my being such a difficult shopper, I tend to appreciate my clothes more and not want to neglect them after 2 or 3 wears. Im just loyal like that, ya know?

So my main obsession for the past couple of years have been sunnies in all shapes and colors, and by now I have enough to start a small booth at a flee market, and well thats just so typical me [years ago it was hats, sooo many hats] but hey I think pairing basics like cutoffs and a plain tank with some crazy sunnies and a neon scarf is far more fun for a little surfy like me.

So at the end of the trip, I had accumulated mostly sunnies, scarves, boardshorts, tanks, cardies [rarely gets cold enough for actual jackets], neon shoelaces, sandals and a Jack Daniels flask [yay, loooove!]. All in all, some very successful shopping in my book!

This is what i wore the tuesday night we headed to Clake Quay to find a club to party in, but as by midnight everything seemed to be closed, we proceeded raid the next 7/11, and drink beers and bottled margaritas on the bridge until we started slurring and then went to have hotdogs until calling it a night by 2am.

shorts - billabong, top - mango, plaid shirt - thrifted, sandals - cotton on, bangles F21

0 comments:

Post a Comment