Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Children of the river





Lately Ive been feeling drained and lazy, Ive been procrastinating all over the place, and my place is still a ginormous mess. It must be the island fever. So when the two R's invited us to head to the river on the mainland, I had to go. Turned out, it was exactly what I needed. Time with good friends away from the island, picking flowers and hiking through the jungle-like green. The place is an absolute paradise. We camped out at my uncle's place for the day and feasted on spaghetti and lechon. And then there was a lot of frolicking in the cool streams, gossiping and collecting colored stones. And here is number 1063 on my list of reasons why I ♥ the island.
We also checked out Nonet's amazing collection of woodcarvings, in his treehouse gallery, and I fell in love with a carved vanity.. must build a treehouse to put one in asap.

Today I am vegging out at home, still considering doing a major cleanup of my place, but much happier under the covers watching season 3 of SATC. My breakfast consists of beef jerky, milk and a lemon tart. Just an ordinary morning. I did round two of bleach on those jeans.. but im still not satisfied, something is still missing. But I did do my first tie-dye and may I just say that it is my most favorite dye DIY to date. I am climbing back into my closet to find more things to destroy.

And because there were so many photos from the trip, here they are.




PS: That turtle is one of the dozen of turtles my uncle purchased from the local market. I really wanted to take one home, but he says he is making soup out of them. =(

0 comments:

Post a Comment