Monday, July 18, 2011

Brooklyn Heights


Top - YesStyle, Jeans - Raven Denim, Bag - Hobo International, Sunglasses - Free People, Shoes - Steve Madden via Shop It To Me, Bracelet - Pree Brulee

Now that I stop and think about, how funny is it that I am considered an "east coast blogger" now. My move to the east coast happened within a blink of the eye . . . I haven't even had time to stop and reflect over the situation during the past two months. It's crazy how easily and quickly I feel that I have adapted to this other side of the country. I cannot imagine myself being anywhere else at the moment. I love how I can step right outside of my door and instantly feel a part of things. There is always something to do, something to eat, something to see at every corner I turn. I love the fast pace of things here. I love that I can walk EVERYWHERE and rely only on myself. I love that history is so deeply rooted here and there is always something to learn. I may originally be a born and bred California girl, but I think that deep down inside, my heart has always pointed east. And here I am, running between Philly and New York City like it's nobody's business.

These pictures were taken in Brooklyn Heights, one of my favorite parts of NYC. This place has a calmness that takes you away from the hectic vibe of Manhattan for a while. It reminds me of Philly quite a bit. A big city with a small town nature. A balance that I am so lucky to have such easy access to. Been thinking hard about the goals that I have for myself here; what I want to do in the future and how I can get to where I really want to be. It's an emotional challenge figuring this all out . . . but that is all just a part of the process. And this is how you learn and develop. I'm just seeing more good things to come.

Have a wonderful Monday peeps!


0 comments:

Post a Comment